Fears and Phobias helped with Hypnosis, Hypnotherapy and Cognitive Therapy in Brighton & Hove:
Fears and phobias therapy covering Brighton, Hove, Worthing, Haywards Heath, Lewes, Eastbourne, Shoreham, Chichester, Horsham and surrounding areas.
What are Fears and Phobias?
There are probably very few of us that do not have any fears or phobias, even if it’s as simple as being a little fearful of spiders, or perhaps disliking heights, or feeling a bit uncomfortable when flying. Many such fears are manageable and the majority of us experience them at some point in our lives with little impact.
However, some people have fears or phobias which limit their opportunities in life: the person with a dislike of flying may find being in an aeroplane uncomfortable, however someone with a more serious fear, or phobia, of flying may completely avoid going on, or perhaps even seeing, an aeroplane; equally, someone with a dislike of open spaces may avoid large parks, fields and sports grounds, however someone with a more serious fear or phobia, such as agoraphobia, may never feel able to leave their house.
Below is a list of the more common fears and phobias that I am consulted about:
- Spiders – Arachnophobia.
- Flying – Aviatophobia.
- Water – Hydrophobia.
- Heights – Acrophobia.
- Enclosed spaces – Claustrophobia.
- Open spaces – Agoraphobia.
- Crowds – Demophobia.
- Darkness – Nyctophobia.
- Dentists – Odontophobia.
- Speaking in public – Glossophobia.
- Needles – Aichmophobia.
- Death or dying – Thanatophobia.
- Being sick – Emetophobia (may also be known as phagophobia, pnigophobia, vomit phobia, sickness phobia) For more info on fear of being sick, click here.
- Being judged or put on the spot – Social Phobia, or Sociophobia, or Scopophobia. For more info on social phobia, click here.
- Urinating in front of others, shy bladder, paruresis, toilet anxiety or toilet phobia – this is more commen with men.
- Defecating (either alone, or in earshot of others) and/or fear of losing bowel control – Coprophobia.
The list of fears and phobias is endless as people really can be fearful of anything in their thoughts and lives, so please don’t think that I can’t help you if your fear or phobia is not listed above. What is important is that, if your fear or phobia is having a negative impact upon you, or if it is limiting your full participation in life, or if your fear or phobia is becoming more severe and is beginning to dominate your life, then it is probably time to do something about it and take steps to overcome your fear or phobia.
Professional hypnosis, hypnotherapy, cognitive training, brighton, worthing, hove, lewes, shoreham, lewes, horsham, eastbourne
Brighton & Hove Therapy – providing professional therapy services to the people of Brighton, Hove, Haywards Heath, Shoreham, Worthing, Chichester, Horsham, Lewes and Eastbourne.